Begin your journey into IT
Free educational program to start your IT career from ucode IT academy, in collaboration with the UNIT.City innovation park and UFuture holding
ucode IT academy is frozen due to Russia’s invasion of Ukraine. Follow the news on our social networks.
With the support of
3 selection levels
English, logic, and motivation
4 popular areas of study
Full Stack, DevOps, GameDev, IoT
Why study at ucode IT academy
Faster training of specialists. The studies take 1 year.
Personal approach to each student's learning: flexible study schedule and deadlines.
An effective peer-to-peer approach to learning. Thus, learning is built on equality, where each student is both a student and a teacher. That's how they work at Google.
Each study area has a mentor that helps on the learning path until the end.
The studies are grounded in the CBL framework - this means that learning is based on solving practical problems, where each subsequent task is more advanced and exciting than the last. That's how they teach at Apple.
During the studies, the student receives a base of professional English.
Opportunity for employment in leading IT companies after graduation.
First of all, all students complete the IT Basics stage. During this stage, students learn how everything works in IT, get acquainted with the features of the Python programming language, and choose the direction in IT that they like best.
The maximum duration of the stage: 2 months.
The most persistent students can complete the stage in 2 weeks.
Having learned about the IT field in the first stage, in the second stage, students choose a field and take an educational marathon on one of three technologies to choose from.
- Learn the basics of programming: loops, functions, variables, and data types, on the example of the C language.
- Learn developer tools: Terminal, Git, basic text editors for writing code: Vim/Emacs/Nano.
- Create your own game with a console or graphical interface.
Marathon Full Stack
- Learn to create front-end and back-end parts of web applications.
- Gain knowledge of HTML, CSS, JS (React, Node.js).
- Gain experience of interaction with SQL databases.
- Create an online game and a calculator.
- Learn the basics of Python. Get acquainted with virtual environments, work with time and date, input streams, HTTP and HTTPS requests, work with URL and URI, JSON format processing, etc.
- Learn how to create applications in Python.
- Create a program for working with JSON and YAML data formats, as well as a tool for various types of queries.
The maximum duration of the stage: 3 months.
The most persistent students can complete the stage in 1 month.
At the third stage, students deepen their knowledge in the chosen field, and complete one of the three learning tracks, corresponding to the marathons.
Track C (after Marathon C)
- Learn to create full-fledged programs with interfaces using the C language.
- Examine how UNIX operating systems, such as Mac OS and Ubuntu, work.
- Create your first algorithms that help find and filter data from a large array. It will be necessary for finding any information in a database quickly.
- Create 5 big projects: an analog of the standard C library, a program for searching the shortest way between two points (as in logistics), a program for working with files (ls), a program for working with an operating system (shell), and a messenger like a Telegram, Viber, or WhatsApp.
Track Full Stack (after Marathon Full Stack)
- Learn to create web applications from scratch.
- Create 6 full-fledged projects for your portfolio.
- Gain experience in working with frameworks and libraries such as Node.js and React.js.
- Gain experience in scaling and integrating projects – incorporate one project into another.
Track DevOps (after Marathon Python)
- Learn and start using technologies: Docker, Kubernetes, Network programmability, Ansible, Cisco solutions, HashiCorp Stack, cloud technologies.
- Gain skills in – network management and configuration; application design, development, and monitoring; analysis of the work of an application; work with the APIs of various products and solutions; and integration of solutions.
- Gain knowledge of network administration and automation, as well as security aspects of applications and programs.
- Learn how to set up and configure systems to automatically deploy, scale, and manage applications in containers.
- Master a set of practices and knowledge for the implementation of a secure software development cycle.
The maximum duration of the stage: 6 months.
The most persistent students can complete the stage in 4 months.
The fourth stage is only for IoT and GameDev. These technologies are more complex, so they need to be studied longer.
Track IoT (after Track C)
- Learn to collect and process information from sensors, connect devices to Wi-Fi and run behavior scenarios of devices or groups of devices -> you will be able to program a device for a “smart” home.
- Gain solid knowledge in working with firmware for microcontrollers.
- Have practical experience of using C in working with microcontrollers.
- Gain experience in working with the popular family of ESP32 microcontrollers and the ESP-IDF framework.
- Learn to work with narrowly specialized technical documentation.
Track GameDev (after Track C)
- Learn the C ++ programming language.
- Recreate 4 popular games (Tetris, Pac-Man, GTA, Worms) and create 1 game of your own.
- Gain an understanding of game development and learn how to design gamification.
- Learn to work with renders (objects), optimize graphical programs, develop AI (artificial intelligence in games).
- Learn how to design multiplayer gameplay.
The maximum duration of the stage: 7 months.
The most persistent students can complete the stage in 6 months.
How will the academy help a student find employment?
During the training, we hold workshops, lectures, and consultations with experienced specialists from the network of partners. You learn how to write a resume and behave at interviews to please even the pickiest recruiter.
After graduation, we organize interviews with partner companies: Ubisoft, Cisco, Squad, ITernal. We also add you to the chat, where we publish vacancies from the network of partners.
We are located in the UNIT.City innovation park. Therefore, students of the program will study in the first innovation park in Ukraine - this means that our students:
– Have 24/7 access to learning. Showers, PlayStation, foosball, library, and 27-inch Apple iMac are always available.
– Are guests of the park, and therefore become closer to the main events in the fields of programming, startups, and business.
– Are part of a large community of like-minded people who openly share their experiences.
Testimonials about the academy
ucode is one of the best places I’ve ever been. I entered the very first intake and at the moment I am already doing an internship in one of the companies. Here, in addition to knowledge, I have met a lot of good, smart, and interesting people and made new friends. And if you are lucky you can meet business partners) It’s exactly the place where you wake up in the morning and go with pleasure. And of course, for the sake of what actually all go here – knowledge. Yes, I’m not going to lie, it all depends on you. If you want to learn – you’ll learn, there are all conditions for that. But no one will run after you and make you do the same. Total freedom, effective peer-to-peer training is about ucode. As I said at the moment I already have an internship with one of the companies, you can find my complete training history on the ucode website.
Enrolled in August 2019 in the C Track program and then in the direction of web development. Chose this place because of the unique training system. Currently working as a front-end developer. The place is very cool and comfortable)) The community is very friendly and helpful. Most of all I liked the method of training. At that time I was studying at the university and it was unusual for me, but it turned out to be very effective). I met and made friends with a lot of good people here)). The place is very inspiring.
Ucode is a fairly good program, which by its methods is close to the real conditions at work. The training is based on Challenge Based Learning. The intensity is very high, if you try hard and spend your nerves and health, you can squeeze 2-3-4 years program of regular courses or universities into one year here, but you have to work really hard 💪😌. Gives in-depth knowledge of programming from the very basics. Programs were developed by partner companies in today’s IT market. I’ve been studying the program for a year and have a very positive impression) not the least plus that ucode is also a community, here you get free gym, mafia on Thu and Fri, table tennis and volleyball tournaments, consoles, free seminars and meetings, constant entertaining events, English courses and much more) join in, it will be fun 😉